If you have not been diagnosed with AMD, here is a simple test you can perform at home that will tell you whether you need to see your doctor. Begin by printing out the one-page Amsler Grid, also found on the American Macular Degeneration Foundation web site, and following the simple instructions. Basically, you’ll look at the dot in the center of the grid and see if any of the lines look wavy. If the lines are wavy or if you have blind spots, impaired central vision, or objects appear different in shape or color in each of the eyes, contact your opthamologist, right away. Early diagnosis is essential to avoid as much damage as possible to your central vision.
Leading Edge Treatment for Macular Degeneration
5 Steps to Assure Optimum Care for Macular Degeneration
If you have been diagnosed with macular degeneration, the plan below summarizes treatment in 5 steps. Follow them and you will have the greatest chance of improving your condition.
- Continue care under a competent opthamalogist.
- Call the Natural Medicine Clinic at 760.766.6223, for a free consultation.
- Make the necessary dietary changes. A diet plan will be provided for you.
- Begin taking Ocudyne II, a supplement which contains 30 different nutrients specifically formulated to nourish the eye and created by doctors.
- Make an appointment at the Natural Medicine Clinic for Frequency Specific Microcurrent treatments to reverse/stop the degenerative course of the disease. These treatments work in concert with conventional opthamology. A minimum of eight treatments are suggested for effectiveness, but will vary depending on your situation. Call 760.766.6223 for cost information or to schedule an appointment.